Students applying to the University of Missouri graduate program to earn a Ph.D. in biochemistry should have a bachelor’s degree in biochemistry, chemistry or one of the life sciences. Most successful applicants have a grade point average of at least 3.0 on a 4-point scale, verbal and quantitative Graduate Record Examination scores averaging at least 60 percent and undergraduate research experience.
Applications should include the following:
- Completed graduate school application form.
- Official transcripts from all undergraduate and graduate institutions applicant has attended.
- Three letters of reference submitted directly by the writer of the letter.
- 500-word personal statement about your goals and experience.
- Official GRE scores. Submit using institution code 6875 and department code 0202.
- International applicants: If your first language is not English, please submit your official TOEFL scores using institution code 6875 and department code 34.
January 5, 2017 is the deadline for applicants residing in the US to be considered for the formal interview weekend in February leading to admission Fall 2017. An application is not complete until all requested information has been received. We will continue to review applications if they arrive past the deadline, but admittance will depend upon remaining positions. All late applications must still be submitted in full to the Graduate School. International applicants will be interviewed by phone or Skype in February and March.
If you have questions, please contact us. We are here to help you through this process.
Biochemistry Graduate Admissions Support