Biochemists combine the tools of biology, chemistry and genetics to advance the understanding of fundamental mechanisms of living things and to fight human disease, increase the production and quality of food, and protect the environment.
Mizzou biochemistry’s affiliations with the College of Agriculture, Food and Natural Resources and the School of Medicine enable students to tailor their degrees to fit their career goals. Our biochemistry majors have opportunities to take part in undergraduate research and internship programs as well as the chance to collaborate with peers and join student organizations.
How to apply
- CAFNR Financial Assistance
- Office of Student Financial Aid
- Research internships and jobs for undergraduates
- Biochemistry Club and Freshman Interest Group
- CAFNR student organizations
- MU Office of Student Life
- CAFNR study-abroad programs